Rice Krispie treats with Oreos!
This recipe contains butter, mini marshmallows, cereal (rice krispies), oreo cookies, salt
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 9 cup(s) mini marshmallows, divided
- 5 cup(s) krispie cereal
- 16 whole oreos, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together the Krispie cereal, crushed Oreo cookies and one cup of mini marshmallows.
- 2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the remaining 8 cups of mini marshmallows and salt and stir into the melted butter. Continue stirring over medium heat until the marshmallows are completely melted into the butter.
- 3. Pour the melted butter and marshmallow mixture over the Krispie cereal mixture and gently stir with a rubber spatula until evenly combined. Spread the Oreo Krispie mixture into a 9-inch square pan and press gently with the spatula to flatten the top.
- 4. Allow the Oreo Krispies to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes before slicing and serving.