Taco Turkey Burgers
A twist on a traditional turkey burger, this recipe gives you that mexican flavor you're craving. I normally cook these on my indoor electric grill but they can be grilled outside as well. The topping possibilities on this are endless! Think bun-less with pepper jack cheese, pico/salsa, avocado, red onion, and sour cream or you can can dress up a bun with your favorite burger toppings.
This recipe contains turkey ground, taco seasoning, minced garlic, pico de gallo, cheese (pepper jack), avocados, peppers (jalapeno, fresh), red onions, hamburger buns
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 pkg(s) pico de Gallo- fresh
- 1 pkg(s) pepper jack, sliced for topping
- 1 avocado, sliced for topping
- 1 fresh jalapeño, diced for topping-optional
- 1 red onions-optional for topping
- 1 pkg(s) hamburger buns, optional- I prefer mine bun-less
- 1. Preheat grill
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, taco seasoning, and minced garlic. Be careful not to over mix. (ground turkey can dry out and not form into patties the longer you mix)
- 3. Form 4 patties out of the mixture and grill until done, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- 4. Top with Pico de Gallo or serve with your choice of toppings.