Pecan Sticky Buns
These made-from-scratch buns are so delicious--once you serve them, you'll be asked to make them over and over again!
This recipe contains XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, sugar, yeast (dry), water, eggs, milk, butter, salt, flour (all-purpose), XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, sugar (light brown), sugar (dark brown), water, butter, butter, corn syrup, pecans, pecans, sugar, cinnamon
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 20 min
- FOR THE DOUGH
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 pkg(s) 1/4oz. active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) warm water (105° to 115°F)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup(s) warm milk (105° to 115°F)
- 1/3 cup(s) butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 3/4 - 4 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1/2 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- butter, melted, for brushing on dough
- 3 tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 pkg(s) 6oz. pecans, shelled
- 2/3 cup(s) pecans, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1. Dough:
Grease bottoms of 24 medium muffin cups; set aside.
- 2. Mix sugar and yeast in a large bowl. Add water; stir until dissolved. Blend egg, milk, butter and salt into the yeast mixture.
- 3. Add 2 cups of flour to the yeast mixture and stir to blend. Continue adding flour, 1 cup at a time, blending well after each addition. The dough will remain soft and sticky. When dough has pulled together, turn out on a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- 4. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- 5. Filling:
Combine brown sugars, water, 1/4 cup butter and corn syrup in small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil, 3 to 4 minutes; remove from heat.
- 6. Pour syrup into muffin cups. Sprinkle each cup with 3 to 4 shelled pecans.
- 7. Punch dough down several times to remove air bubbles. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of dough into a 15x8-inch rectangle. Brush dough with melted butter.
- 8. Combine sugar, cinnamon and finely chopped pecans. Sprinkle half of mixture over melted butter.
- 9. Starting with the 15-inch side, roll up tightly, pressing edges to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place one slice in each muffin cup. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover loosely; let dough rise in a warm place until nearly doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 10. Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Invert buns onto cooling rack over waxed paper-lined tray. Serve warm.