Classic Deviled Eggs
A classic, entertaining side/appetizer.
This recipe contains eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, relish (sweet pickel), salt, black pepper, paprika, scallions
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 6 eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp. sweet relish
- 1 pn. salt (optional)
- 1 ds. fresh black pepper (optional)
- 1 ds. smoked paprika (optional), for topping
- 1 pkg(s) scallions, chopped finely for garnish (optional)
- 1. Cut eggs in half. Arrange egg whites cut side up on a serving plate and put the yolks in a small mixing bowl. Mash yolks with fork then stir in mayonnaise, mustard, and relish. Mash and stir all ingredients together well. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Spoon a little bit of the mixture into each egg white half, dividing mixture as evenly as possible between the eggs. Sprinkle eggs with smoked paprika if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2. ****NOTES*****
Mixture may be piped into the eggs using a pastry bag instead of using a spoon. Recipe can easily be doubled. I always make my deviled eggs with Best Foods Mayonnaise (aka Hellmans) and just regular yellow mustard. If you don't have smoked paprika, just use plain paprika. I suggest that after the first time you make these, don't bother with the recipe and just add things to taste like I normally do-- it's more fun and then you don't have to clean the measuring cup and spoons!