Marinated Shrimp and Summer Vegetable Quinoa Bowls
These Marinated Shrimp and Summer Vegetable Quinoa Bowls will soon become your favorite easy and healthy dinner recipe — and they’re ready in less than 30 minutes! Full of zesty, chili lime flavor, the quinoa is piled high with sauteed shrimp, zucchini, squash, bell pepper, corn, and avocado for a simple and satisfying summer meal!
This recipe contains , chicken broth, quinoa, fresh garlic, limes, salt (kosher), black pepper (cracked), , olive oil, shrimp (marinated), , zucchini, squash (yellow), bell peppers (red), corn kernels, avocados, , fresh cilantro
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- For the Quinoa
- 2 vegetable broth, chicken broth, or water
- 1 quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic, minced
- 2 fresh lime juice
- Cracked pepper
- For the Toppings:
- 2 olive oil, divided
- 1 oz. package marinated shrimp
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow summer squash, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 corn kernels
- 1 avocado, diced
- Extra lime juice, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1. Prepare the Quinoa:
In a large pot, bring broth (or water) and quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender (about 15 minutes).
- 2. Remove from heat, keep the pot covered, and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper (to taste).
- 3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until cooked. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- 4. Add the additional 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet and sauté zucchini, squash, bell pepper, and corn for 3-4 minutes, or until the veggies are just crisp-tender.
- 5. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- 6. To assemble bowls: fill individual bowls with prepared quinoa. Top with shrimp and veggies. Garnish with diced avocado. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the bowls, garnish with cilantro (if desired), and serve.