Strawberry Fields Pizza
It's strawberry season and yes, they even work on pizza. My favorite combination of sweet, tangy and earthy won't disappoint, and it takes less than 30 minutes!
This recipe contains pizza crust, garlic (fresh), olive oil (extra virgin), cheese (mozzarella, fresh), cheese (goat), strawberries (fresh), arugula, balsamic glaze, salt (kosher), black pepper
2 - 3 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 whole pizza crust, thin
- 2 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 - 3 oz. goat cheese
- 4 oz. fresh strawberries, sliced, 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup(s) arugula
- 1 - 2 tbsp. balsamic glaze
- 2 - 3 ds. kosher salt, to taste
- 2 - 3 ds. black pepper, to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. If using a pizza stone, preheat as well.
- 2. In a small skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic, cook about two minutes till garlic begins to soften.
- 3. Add garlic and olive oil to pizza crust, spreading evenly along surface.
- 4. Tear up the mozzarella, crumble the goat cheese and scatter evenly over the pizza.
- 5. Bake in the oven 10-11 minutes, increase to broil the last one and a half minutes until cheese starts to bubble and slightly brown.
- 6. Remove pizza from oven, top with sliced strawberries, arugula and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Season with salt and pepper.