Easy Chicken Fried Rice
Easy chicken fried rice. A great weeknight meal.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), salt (kosher), black pepper, oil (sesame), soy sauce, peanut butter, garlic (fresh), ginger (fresh), bell peppers (red), carrots, peas, eggs, rice, scallions
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 12 oz. PERDUE boneless, skinless chicken breast - diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 clove(s) garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 1 whole small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) carrots, diced
- 1/3 cup(s) peas
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cup(s) uncooked, rice
- 1/2 cup(s) green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Cook the rice based on package instructions.
Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. In a large wok or skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken and stir-fry until brown and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Chicken is done when a meat thermometer inserted in the center reaches 170 degrees F. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 2. In the same wok or skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Stir fry the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the red bell pepper, carrots, and peas. Stir-fry for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cooked rice and season with soy sauce and sesame oil. Add the cooked chicken and toss until everything is heated through.
- 3. Push the rice, chicken and vegetables to the side of the wok and pour in the egg. With a spatula or wooden spoon, scramble the egg, breaking it up into small curds.
- 4. Transfer the fried rice to a serving platter. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions.