Crunchy Onion Mashed Potatoes
Creamy mashed potatoes with cheddar cheese, topped with FRENCH'S Crispy Fried Onions for an unmistakable oniony crunch.
This recipe contains potatoes (instant), sour cream, milk, garlic powder, onions (french), cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded)
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 3 cup(s) prepared hot mashed potatoes - see tip below
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/3 cup(s) crispy fried onions
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Mix mashed potatoes, sour cream, milk and garlic powder. Spoon half the mixture into 2-qt. casserole. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup Crispy Fried Onions and 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining potato mixture.
- 2. BAKE at 350°F for 30 min. or until hot. Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions and 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 5 min. or until onions are golden.
- 3. Tip: Prepare instant mashed potatoes for 6 servings. Look for French's Crispy Fried Onions in the vegetable aisle of the supermarket.