Pancakes to die for!
After making these pancakes you will never want to eat out again!
This recipe contains eggs, milk (buttermilk), oil (vegetable), flour (all-purpose), baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, olive oil, butter
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 4 tbsp. shortening (I use vegetable oil)
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup(s) syrup for topping
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1. Heat pan to med-high heat with thin coating of olive oil.
- 2. Combine, eggs, shortening, and buttermilk. Stir thoroughly.
- 3. Mix dry ingredients together with fork.
- 4. Slowly stir in dry ingredients.
- 5. Use a soup ladle to add pancakes to pan. (ensure oil is hot). Flip after 2-3 min.
- 6. Continue making batches coating the pan with oil between each batch. Store the heated pancakes on a plate covered with a dish towel to keep them warm.
- 7. Heat syrup up before adding to top of buttered pancakes. Serve and enjoy!
** To mix it up add chocolate chips, pecans, or fruit to each pancake if desired.