Skinny Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato
Baked sweet potatoes, with a crispy skin and soft flesh, stuffed with shredded chicken soaked in buffalo sauce, drizzled with blue cheese sauce. O.M.G! Seriously. This is comfort food at its best.
This recipe contains sweet potatoes, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), blue cheese dressing, parsley (fresh), , hot wing sauce, unsalted butter, vinegar, worcestershire, garlic powder, cornstarch, water
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 7 whole medium sweet potatoes
- 30 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 7 tbsp. blue cheese or ranch dressing
- fresh parsley
- Buffalo Sauce
- 2/3 cup(s) buffalo wing sauce
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F. Bake sweet potatoes for 30 minutes or until flesh is very tender (test with a knife).
- 2. In the meantime, place chicken breasts in a large pot, cover with water and cook on medium-high heat for 30 minutes.
- 3. Drain and transfer breasts shred using two forks or your fingers.
- 4. In a large pot over medium heat, combine hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder. Add butter and whisk while it's melting.
- 5. When butter is incorporated, stir in cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water. Whisk until sauce thickens, about 30 seconds.
- 6. Turn off the heat and add shredded chicken. Mix thoroughly to cover chicken with sauce.
- 7. Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise (without cutting them all the way down so that the two parts stay attached together) and stuff them with shredded buffalo chicken.
- 8. Drizzle one tablespoon of dressing on each sweet potato. Top with fresh herbs if using. Serve immediately.