Stuffed Acorn Squash
Acorn squash stuffed with bread, berries and pecans.
This recipe contains dark brown sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cranberries (dried), pecans (chopped), bread (potato), acorn squash, water, agave nectar, butter
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 2 hr
- 1/4 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 cup(s) mixed dried berries
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 3 slice(s) potato bread, cubed
- 2 acorn squash
- 2/3 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) blue agave nectar amber syrup, divided
- 4 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1. In medium bowl, mix brown sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, berries and pecans. Stir to mix all together, toss in the bread cubes and stir so the bread cubes are coated in some of the mixture. Set aside.
- 2. Cut acorn squash in half. Remove stems and seeds. Trim bottom of squash so it sits flat. Place each half face up into slow cooker. Pour the water into bottom of slow cooker around the squash. Spoon 1/2 cup stuffing mixture into each acorn opening allowing it to mound a bit. Drizzle 1/8 cup agave syrup over each squash half. Press 1 tablespoon butter on top of each stuffing mound.
- 3. Set cooker on high for 2 hours.