Pork Chops Pizzaiola
Finish browned, caramelized pork chops in a quick pan sauce made with red wine, chicken stock and tomato paste for an easy, flavor-packed main dish ready in 30 minutes flat.
This recipe contains pork chops (bone in), salt (kosher), black pepper (cracked), olive oil (extra virgin), garlic, fennel seeds, onions, crushed red pepper, oregano (fresh), tomato paste, red wine, chicken stock
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 4 whole (1 1/2-inch thick) bone-in pork chops
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. fennel seed
- 1 whole medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 whole sprigs fresh oregano, leaves chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup(s) tomato paste
- 1 cup(s) red wine
- 2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1. Season chops with salt and pepper. Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2. Add the crushed garlic and stir it around to flavor the oil.
- 3. Add in the chops and caramelize on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove the chops to a plate and reserve.
- 4. Stir in the fennel seed, onions, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Reduce the heat and cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- 5. Add the tomato paste, and cook for 1 minute, then add the wine, and cook for another minute.
- 6. Stir in the stock and combine well. Slide the chops back into the pan, cover and simmer to finish cooking the chops, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- 7. Arrange the chops and sauce on a serving platter and serve.