Golden Turmeric Chickpea Chicken Soup
A healing winter dish: Turmeric Chicken Soup with chickpeas and sweet potatoes. Flavored with ginger, garlic, coconut milk and a touch of peanut butter!
This recipe contains coconut oil, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, jalapenos, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), onions (white), bell peppers (red), sweet potatoes, turmeric, chicken broth, chickpeas (canned), salt, black pepper (cracked), milk (coconut, lite), peanut butter (creamy), fresh cilantro, scallions
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 3 clove(s) garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 2 whole jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 whole small white onion, diced
- 1 whole red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 whole medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 4 cup(s) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can(s) 15oz. chickpeas, canned, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 - 3 ds. fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup(s) light coconut milk (from the can)
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter (all-natural is preferred)
- 1 whole fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 whole bunch scallions, chopped for garnish
- 1. Soak cashews in warm milk for 10 minutes and set aside.
- 2. Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Once the ‘hot’ sign displays, add ghee. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes with a glass lid on, stirring few times.
- 3. Add ginger and garlic paste, cook for 30 seconds. Add the carved out pieces from the potatoes.
- 4. Add tomato paste, turmeric, red chili powder, garam, masala and salt. Cook everything on saute mode for 2 minutes with glass lid on, stirring a couple of times.
- 5. With a small spoon, very carefully fill the potatoes with the cooked masala/gravy and line them all in the Instant Pot insert.
- 6. Add 1/2 cup of water. Close the Instant Pot, set on Manual at high pressure for 8 minutes. When time is up, quick release the pressure
- 7. Blend milk and cashews together to make smooth paste.
- 8. Stir in dried fenugreek leaves, cashew paste and chopped cilantro.
- 9. Set Instant Pot to saute mode, mix everything together. Add salt to taste. Bring to gentle boil and then turn Instant Pot off.
- 10. Serve with hot parathas. Enjoy!