Grilled Marinated Flank Steak with Chimichurri
Flank steaks do well with an acidic marinade like the chimichurri, which tenderizes the meat nicely. Feel free to change up the acids and herbs, it's hard to get this one wrong. Pair with chilled beer and bring on the summer!
This recipe contains flank steak, , red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley fresh, fresh cilantro, red onion, crushed red pepper, salt, pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb. flank steak
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon juice
- 6 clove(s) garlic
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh parsley, packed
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro, packed
- 1/2 - 1/2 cup(s) red onion, diced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 - 2 ds. pepper
- 1. Generously season flank steak on all sides with salt and pepper.
- 2. Process chimichurri ingredients until desired consistency ( I prefer it not to be completely smooth).
- 3. Pour half of the chimichurri over flank steak and marinade in the refrigerator for a couple of hours (minimum of 30 minutes) or over night. Refrigerate reserved chimichurri.
- 4. Remove flank steak from refrigerator and preheat grill to high heat.
- 5. Grill steak until well seared and dark brown, about 5 to 7 minutes on each side depending on thickness. For medium rare, internal temperature should be between 135-140 degrees F.
- 6. Allow to rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- 7. Slice steak very thin agains the grain. Serve with reserved Chimichurri Sauce.