Green Chile Corn Mac and Cheese
Everything is good in Mac and Cheese!!!! Green chile season is just around the corner so of course I had to make a mac and cheese with it! If you don't have access to New Mexican Hatch Green Chiles then the canned green chile works fine. If you're not a fan of spicy or you have littles one that can't endure heat, use the mild green chile so can enjoy the flavor without the heat.
This recipe contains pasta (elbow), green chiles, corn, butter, flour (all-purpose), milk, cheese (cheddar), mustard, paprika, salt, pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 10 - 12 oz. green chile, chopped
- 6 oz. corn
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 12 - 14 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large pot, melt the butter and sprinkle in the flour over medium heat. Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3. Pour in the milk, add the mustard, paprika and stir.
- 4. Allow to reach a simmer and cook until very thick, then reduce heat.
- 5. Add cheese, green chile, and corn. Once cheese has melted, add drained macaroni.
- 6. Season with salt and pepper, add more if desired. Serve hot.