Grilled Margherita Flatbread
This Italian classic is simple and pure. Use of just a few fresh ingredients will transport you straight to Italy. Enjoy as a main course or appetizer and pair with a rose or light bodied white wine.
This recipe contains flat bread, marinara sauce, cheese (mozzarella, fresh), basil (fresh), olive oil
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 whole flat bread
- 1/4 cup(s) marinara sauce
- 3 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 pkg(s) .5oz. basil
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Baste both sides of flat bread with olive oil. Place flat bread on grill until grill marks appear about 2 1/2 minutes per side depending on temperature.
- 3. Transfer the crust to a baking sheet and place 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce on each flatbread round.
- 4. Arrange slice mozzarella on flatbread and place in the oven 6-7 minutes until cheese melts and begins to bubble.
- 5. Tear off fresh basil leaves and arrange on pizza as many as desired. Slice and enjoy!