Spinach and Goat Cheese Chicken Sandwiches with Garlic French Fries
A healthy chicken sandwich with spinach and goat cheese served with garlic fries! A complete meal!
(On page 174 of Lose Weight by Eating: Detox Week.)
Get the cookbook today! www.loseweightbyeating.com
This recipe contains XXXXX, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), olive oil, salt (kosher), black peppercorns, balsamic vinegar, garlic (fresh), lemons, hamburger buns (whole wheat), cucumbers, cheese (goat, crumbled), spinach (baby), onions (red), tomatoes, XXXXX, potatoes (russet), olive oil, garlic (fresh), salt (kosher)
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
- CHICKEN SANDWICHES
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 - 2 ds. kosher salt
- 1 - 2 ds. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 whole wheat burger buns
- 1/2 whole cucumber, cut into 1∕8-inch slices
- 2 tbsp. crumbled goat cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) baby spinach
- 1 whole red onion, sliced
- 1 whole tomato, cut ¼-inch-thick
- 4 whole medium russet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 clove(s) garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. Make the fries:
Peel the potatoes and cut them into ¼-inch- thick sticks, adding them to a large bowl as you work. Sprinkle with salt, drizzle with oil, and toss. Spread the potatoes on the prepared baking sheets, add the garlic cloves, and roast for 25 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- 3. Make the chicken:
Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally by placing the palm of your hand on the top of a breast and using a sharp small knife to carefully cut all the way around and through, leaving you with 2 thin cutlets from each breast.
- 4. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and add the chicken. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes total, flipping once, until cooked through (no pink on the inside and the juices run clear).
- 5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, the vinegar, garlic, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- 6. When the potatoes are done, carefully transfer the garlic cloves to a cutting board. Let them cool for a minute or two, then slice open, scrape out the soft garlic, and mince. Divide the fries among four plates and top with the roasted garlic.
- 7. To assemble the sandwiches, open each bun and add layers in this order: cucumber slices, chicken cutlet, ½ tablespoon goat cheese, spinach, drizzle of the vinaigrette, onion, tomato, top of the bun. Serve on the plates alongside the fries.