Red Beans and Rice
This traditional Louisiana favorite gets an added kick from Aidells Cajun Style Andouille. Serve as a main dish or a side dish with grilled Andouille or chicken.
This recipe contains aidells sausage (andouille), olive oil, cajun seasoning, onions, celery, fresh garlic, kidney beans, pimiento, tomato sauce, chicken stock, rice
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 6 oz. Aidells Cajun Style Andouille Sausage links, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can(s) 15oz. red beans or kidney beans
- 1/4 cup(s) roasted canned red peppers or pimentos, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 cup(s) rice
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and the sauté sausage, Cajun seasoning, onion, celery and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the red peppers (or pimentos), beans, tomato sauce and chicken stock. Simmer 10 minutes. Serve the mixture over cooked rice.