Thai Curry Bowl
Take a dinnertime trip to Thailand without leaving your home. This spicy rice-bowl recipe is the perfect blend of chicken breast, green curry, ginger, and other aromatic flavors that conjure up Southeast Asia.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), flour (all-purpose), vegetable oil, carrots, bell peppers (red), green beans (fresh), scallions, curry paste, fresh garlic, ginger root, milk (coconut, lite), chicken stock (unsalted), fish sauce, lime juice (fresh), fresh cilantro, basil (fresh), rice (ready, jasmine)
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 3 whole carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 whole red bell pepper, cut in 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup(s) cut green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup(s) green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. thai green curry paste
- 2 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. ginger root, chopped
- 1 can(s) 14oz. light coconut milk
- 1 cup(s) unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 ds. lime juice
- 1 ds. cilantro, chopped
- 1 ds. basil, juilenne cut
- 2 pkg(s) 8.5oz. ready rice, jasmine
- 1. Thinly slice chicken breast; place in resealable bag. Add flour; seal and toss to coat.
- 2. In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink; remove from skillet. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Cook and stir carrots, bell pepper, green beans and green onion for 3 minutes. Stir in curry paste, garlic and gingerroot; cook and stir 30 seconds longer. Stir in coconut milk, chicken stock, fish sauce and cooked chicken. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Divide rice and curry among 6 bowls. Top with a squeeze of lime, sprinkle with cilantro and basil.