Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Tomatoes and Garlic
A tasty, beautifully presented side dish.
This recipe contains cauliflower, tomatoes (grape), fresh garlic, olive oil (extra virgin), salt (kosher), black pepper (cracked), crushed red pepper, paprika, parsley (italian)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 1 whole medium head cauliflower (about 2 1/4 lbs)
- 2 pt. grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 clove(s) garlic, smashed and peeled
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. For easy cutting, feel free to stick each squash in the microwave for 3-5 minutes to soften it up just a tad.
- 3. Rub the cut side of the squash with olive oil.
- 4. Place inside a baking dish or atop rimmed baking sheet and roast face-down for about 40 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- 5. Meanwhile, in a medium pot or skillet, bring a drizzle of olive oil to medium-high heat and sauté garlic until fragrant.
- 6. Next add the spinach and stir until wilted. Add your cream, cream cheese (totally optional but totally tasty) and parmesan cheese and stir well.
- 7. Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- 8. Once squash is done roasting, allow to cool until easily handled or pop on an oven mit and use a fork to separate and fluff the strands of spaghetti squash.
- 9. Pour your sauce over each squash boat, stir to mix, and top with a little mozzarella cheese and additional parm cheese, if desired.
- 10. Bake at 350 degrees F for around 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 11. For a golden cheesy topping, flip your oven to broil on high for just a minute or two until lightly browned. Dig in!