Roasted Beet Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
This is the dish to serve to people who don’t like beets! The citrus vinaigrette mellows the flavor of the beets, it’s delicious!
This recipe contains XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, beets, olive oil, avocados, oranges, parsley (italian), XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, oranges, lemons, olive oil, cider vinegar, salt, pepper
2 - 4 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 3 whole beets (large)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 whole avocado, cut into squares
- 2 whole oranges
- 1 pkg(s) italian parsley
- 1 whole juice of one orange
- 1/2 whole lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tbsp. vinegar, apple cider or white wine
- 1 - 2 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 2 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. Pre heat oven to 450 degrees. Cut the ends off the beets and scrub clean.
- 2. Line a 9×9 casserole dish with 2 feet of foil, place beets inside. Cover with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper. Close up the foil and seal the ends leaving room for air. Place in the oven for 1 hour, when you can push a fork through they are done.
- 3. While the beets bake make the vinaigrette, add all the ingredients to a jar, cover and shake. You can also whisk in a bowl
- 4. Use a pairing knife to remove the orange peel, slicing into the orange flesh so that it is exposed. Then carefully slice the orange segments out of the membranes, think about a grapefruit in reverse.
- 5. After an hour remove the beets from the oven and let cool before opening the packet and moving to chopping board (use plastic, this will stain wood). When the beets are cool enough to handle, use a paper towel to help remove the skins. Then slice the beets very thin into rings.
- 6. Place the rings onto two plates, top with orange segments, cover with vinaigrette, then avocado squares. Use a pair of scissors to snip the parsley onto the plates, serve hot or cold.