Summer Vegetable and Shrimp Pesto Bake
This recipe contains shrimp, zucchini, squash (yellow), tomatoes, basil (fresh), pine nuts, cheese (parmesan), olive oil, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 lb. EZ Peel Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 whole zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 whole yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 3 whole tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cup(s) basil
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450° Fahrenheit. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Layer the tomato slices, zucchini and squash upright in the dish in an alternating pattern. Insert the shrimp sporadically throughout. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, make the pesto. Pulse the basil, pine nuts, and cheese in a food processor. Drizzle in olive oil and continue to pulse until the mixture turns into a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Using a baster, remove excess liquid from the bottom of the baking dish. Spread the pesto sauce over top of the vegetables and shrimp. Return to the oven and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, until the mixture is bubbly.
- 4. Use the baster again to remove excess liquid. Let sit for five minutes before serving.