Baked Potato Soup
Rich and creamy, this soup is perfect for a chilly fall night.
This recipe contains aidells sausage (andouille), butter, potatoes (russet), onions, garlic (fresh), chicken stock, heavy cream, parsley (fresh), cheese (cheddar, shredded), sour cream, chives (fresh), salt, black pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hr 20 min
- 12 oz. Aidells Cajun Style Andouille Sausage, chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 6 whole russet potatoes, scrubbed and cleaned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 6 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup(s) cream
- 1/4 cup(s) parsley, finely chopped
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 chives bunch, snipped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°
- 2. Rub the potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to sit until cool enough to handle, but still warm.
- 3. While the potatoes are baking and cooling, melt the butter in a large soup pot. Add the Andouille and cook until brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until the onions are soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4. Peel 3 of the potatoes, add to the pot and mash until nearly smooth. Gradually stir in chicken broth and cream until blended. Return to the heat and cook until hot, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Cut the remaining potatoes (with skin) in ½-inch pieces and stir into the soup. Stir in the Andouille and parsley and continue to cook until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with the cheese, sour cream and chives.