A simplified recipe for gorditas that is easy to make at home.
This recipe contains tortillas (corn), eggs, olive oil, aidells sausage, peppers (jalapeno, fresh), black pepper, fresh cilantro, scallions, tomatoes, sour cream
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 12 slice(s) 4-inch corn tortillas
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 cup(s) olive oil
- 12 oz. Aidells habanero and green chile sausage links, chopped
- 2 whole jalapeno peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 ds. black pepper, to taste
- cilantro, optional
- green onions, chopped, optional
- tomatoes, chopped, optional
- sour cream, optional
- 1. Cut tortillas in half, wrap in foil and warm in 325° oven for about 10 minutes. The tortillas should open up like pockets.
- 2. While the tortillas are warming, heat the sausage in a small skillet. In a larger, heavy skillet, scramble eggs in olive oil. When the eggs are done, mix in sausage, jalapeños and black pepper. Fill each half tortilla with the warm egg-sausage mixture. Garnish and serve.