Barilla Lasagne Rolls
Lasagne rolls filled with portabella mushrooms, zucchini and ground beef; a sure crowd pleaser!
This recipe contains pasta (lasagna), marinara sauce (Barilla default), olive oil (extra virgin), onions, mushrooms (portobello), eggs, cheese (mozzarella, shredded), beef (ground), zucchini, cheese (ricotta), basil (fresh), salt, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 16 oz. pkg Barilla® Wavy Lasagna Noodles
- 24 oz. jar Barilla® Marinara Sauce
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole small onion, diced
- 3 portabella mushrooms, small
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese shredded & divided
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 whole zucchini, small, diced
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 6 basil leaves
- 2 - 4 ds. salt to taste
- 2 - 4 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 375 °F. Cook pasta according to package directions
- 2. Drain and toss pasta with 1 tablespoon olive oil and lay flat on a sheet tray. Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté ground beef until fully cooked. Add sauce and ½ cup water; bring to a simmer
- 3. In another skillet, sauté onions in remaining olive oil about 3-4 minutes then add zucchini and mushrooms and sauté another 2 minutes until browned. In a large bowl, stir veggies into the ricotta cheese and fold in eggs and basil.
- 4. Spread filling onto the 16 Lasagne sheets and roll them up. In a 13” x 9” dish add 1 cup of meat sauce and spread evenly. Add lasagna rolls and cover with remaining sauce and cheese.
- 5. Bake covered with foil 25 minutes. Remove foil and cook 5 additional minutes until cheese is brown. Remove from oven. Let rest 15 minutes before serving