Rice Pilaf with Butternut Squash
Rice Pilaf is great. Rice Pilaf with butternut squash is even better! This dish comes alive with the combined flavors of shallots, Parmesan cheese, parsley and — of course — butternut squash!
This recipe contains butter, shallots, rice, chicken broth, butternut squash, garlic pepper, salt (kosher), cheese (parmesan, grated), parsley (fresh)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) original converted brand rice
- 3 1/2 cup(s) chicken or vegetable broth, hot
- 1 cup(s) butternut squah, diced
- 1/4 tsp. garlic pepper
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 oz. parmesean cheese, grated
- 1/2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1. Heat butter in a heavy saucepan; add shallots and sauté until tender. Add rice and stir to coat. Add broth and butternut squash; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 2. Add garlic pepper, salt, Parmesan cheese and parsley to rice pilaf and gently toss to blend.
- 3. Serve garnished with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.