Southern Penne Pasta with Chicken
Southern Penne Pasta with Chicken- with bell peppers, onions and mushrooms, cooked in a cream sauce and topped with parmesan-reggiano cheese.
This recipe contains pasta (penne), butter, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), fresh garlic, scallions, cajun seasoning, black pepper (cracked), cayenne pepper, heavy cream, bell peppers (green), bell peppers (red), mushrooms, cheese (parmigiano-reggiano)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 3/4 lb. penne pasta
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 whole skinless boneless chicken breast halves, sliced 1/2" thick
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 whole bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 8 oz. heavy cream
- 1 whole green bell pepper, julienne
- 1 whole red bell pepper, julienne
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 3 oz. reggiano parmesan cheese, grated
- 1. Cook penne pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- 3. Add garlic, onions, Cajun seasoning and ground black and cayenne peppers. Add bell peppers and mushrooms; stir to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4. Uncover; stir in Parmesan cheese and cream and let simmer another 2-3 minutes. Remove sauce from heat, stir in cooked pasta and serve immediately.