Chicken Meatballs and Cornbread Appetizer
Chicken meatballs and cornbread appetizer with BBQ sauce is a fun, flavorful twist on party food that’s perfect for game day and entertaining!
This recipe contains aidells meatballs (chicken), cornbread, barbecue sauce, lemons, black pepper,
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 12 oz. Aidells Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pkg(s) Cornbread (Homemade or Prepared)
- 1/2 cup(s) BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 oz. Lemon Juice (1 squeeze)
- 1 pn. black pepper
- 1. Prepare the cornbread according to package directions or use your favorite homemade recipe. Let the cornbread cool slightly then cut it into 16 squares.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the Aidells meatballs in a skillet over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Alternatively, you can warm them through in the oven at 375 for 8-12 minutes or microwave them on high for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. For the optional BBQ glaze: Bring BBQ sauce to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- 4. Let the glaze cool for a minute then brush the BBQ glaze onto the warmed up meatballs.
- 5. Place a meatball on each square of cornbread.
- 6. Serve with extra sauce, and toothpicks, on the side and enjoy!