Wild Rice Chicken Supreme
A tasty, mouth-watering rice and chicken casserole.
This recipe contains rice (wild), butter, onions, flour (all-purpose), salt, pepper, half & half, chicken broth, chicken breasts, pimiento (diced), parsley (fresh), almonds (slivered), bread crumbs (panko)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 pkg(s) 6oz. long grain and wild rice, original recipe
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup(s) half and half
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) chicken, cubed and cooked
- 1/3 cup(s) pimento, diced
- 1/3 cup(s) parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) almonds, chopped slivered
- 1/2 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2. Cook rice and contents of seasoning packet according to package directions.
- 3. While rice is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook over low heat until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- 4. Gradually stir in half-and-half and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened
- 5. Stir in chicken, pimiento, parsley, almonds and cooked rice. Pour into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- 6. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Top with toasted panko breadcrumbs.