Greek Burger with Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Inspired by lamb kofte kebabs, I just had to make a burger version. These patties are insanely delicious, possibly my favorite burger patty. When I'm watching my carbs I forgo the bun, but these would be wonderful between two pieces of bread too!.
This recipe contains , lamb (ground), eggs, fresh mint, parsley (fresh), onions, garlic, salt, sweet paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, cheese (goat), olive oil, , cucumbers, tomatoes (grape), cheese (feta), olives (kalamata), lemons, pepper, olive oil
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 3 - 4 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 4 tbsp. goat cheese
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 whole cucumber, small dice
- 8 oz. grape tomato, halved
- 3 oz. feta cheese
- 3 oz. kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 whole lemon, juice
- olive oil, drizzling
- 1. In a saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook onions and garlic until aromatic and translucent. Remove from heat.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients patty ingredients except goat cheese. Mix until well incorporated. Form 4 equal disc patties (the mixture will be sticky).
- 3. Add another drizzle of olive oil into the saute pan, turn heat to medium. When pan is hot add patties. Cook about 4-6 and turn over. Place a tablespoon of goat cheese on each patty and continue to coook until desired doneness.
- 4. Combine salad ingredients and add 2 tbsps of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with lamb patty.