Cheesy Squash Casserole
Squash, sweet onions and cheddar cheese form this casserole and then it's topped with ritz crackers and baked. Great for the holidays.
This recipe contains vegetable oil, squash (yellow), onions (vidalia/sweet), butter, cheese (parmesan), cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded), sour cream, crackers (ritz), salt, pepper
6 - 8 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 6 whole yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1 whole vidalia/sweet onion, large, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup(s) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 whole sleeve ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 ds. salt to taste
- 1 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the squash, onion, and butter until soft. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan, Cheddar, and sour cream. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Place in the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the cracker crumbs evenly over the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.