Chicken Chili with White Beans and Monterey Jack Cheese
For a chicken twist on chili try this delicious dish. Not overly spicy and something for the entire family to enjoy on a cold evening! If you want to lighten the recipe simply add half the cheese. If you enjoy leftovers double the recipe and freeze the extras!
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), beans (great northern), olive oil, garlic (fresh), onions, cumin (ground), cayenne pepper, oregano, chiles, chicken stock, cheese (monterey jack, shredded), chicken stock, , sour cream, peppers (jalapeno, fresh), crackers (saltines)
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 3 lb. great northern beans
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 2 whole medium onions chopped
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 8 oz. chopped chiles
- 4 cup(s) chicken stock
- 20 oz. monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup(s) chicken stock
- sour cream
- fresh sliced jalapenos
- saltine crackers
- 1. Cook chicken and then cut into small bitesize cubes. To cook quickly I cook in saute pan with chicken stock. Note- this is listed as an optional ingredient.
- 2. saute onions in oil until clear. Add garlic and all other spices.
- 3. add chicken, beans, chiles and 1/2 of the shredded cheese. Bring to a boil.
- 4. Simmer 15 min or longer if you want it thicker
- 5. Garnish with cheese sour cream and jalapenos if desired. Serve with crackers