Slow Cooker Shepherd's Pie
Looking for a St. Patrick's Day recipe? This delicious Irish Shepherd's Pie has 2 different baking options that are listed in the directions.
This recipe contains potatoes (yukon gold), beef (ground), mushrooms, carrots, onions, fresh garlic, peas (green, frozen), tomato paste, butter, milk (reduced fat), beef broth, wine (white, dry), worcestershire, cheese (monterey jack, shredded), thyme (dried), parsley (fresh), salt, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 5 hr +
- 2 lb. yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 3/4 cup(s) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 whole medium carrots, chopped
- 1 whole large onion, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup(s) frozen peas
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 - 1/4 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1 cup(s) beef broth
- 1/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 1. Season meat with salt and pepper to taste. Brown meat in 2 tbsp. hot oil in large skillet. Transfer to 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Stir soup, mushrooms, 1 cup crispy fried onions, worcestershire and water into slow cooker.
- 3. Cover; cook on HIGH setting for 4 hours (or on LOW for 8 hours) until meat is tender.
- 4. Serve over noodles and sprinkle with remaining onions. If desired, serve with a dollop of sour cream.