Candied Sweet Potatoes with Apple
Fall favorites come together in this show-stealing side dish.
This recipe contains sweet potatoes, apples, sugar (cane), butter, juice (apple)
3 - 4 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 2 whole sweet potatoes (6-8oz each)
- 1 medium apple, any kind
- 2 tbsp. raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. apple or orange juice
- 1. In a medium covered saucepan, cook sweet potatoes (in enough boiling water to cover them) 25 to 35 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3. Peel potatoes, then cut into 1/2-inch thick slices; set aside.
- 4. Core apple and thinly slice into 1/8-inch thick rings. Cut apple rings in half crosswise. Place apple slices in 1-quart casserole. Place sweet potato slices on top of apple slices. Sprinkle with sugar. Drizzle melted butter and juice over top.
- 5. Bake, covered, 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Stir gently to serve, spooning juices over potato and apple slices.