Spinach Chicken Parmesan Meatballs in Creamy Tomato Sauce
Spinach Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are baked in a creamy tomato sauce to create a meal that everyone will love! Fresh baby spinach, parmesan cheese, and fresh herbs add the perfect amount of flavor to a warm and comforting meal!
This recipe contains XXXXX, chicken (ground), spinach (baby), bread crumbs (panko), onions, cheese (parmesan), cheese (parmesan), salt (kosher), black pepper, cloves, eggs, olive oil, cheese (mozzarella, shredded), basil (fresh), XXXXX, marinara sauce, basil (fresh), oregano (dried), heavy cream, sugar
3 - 4 Servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
- FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 1 1/2 lb. ground chicken
- 3 oz. baby spinach, chopped into small pieces
- 1/3 cup(s) dried panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) diced onion
- 1/3 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 clove(s) garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella
- 1 pn. handful fresh basil, minced, for garnish
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 pkg(s) 24oz. marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1. FOR THE SAUCE:
Combine ingredients and place in a pan and heat.
- 2. FOR THE MEATBALLS:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, spinach, bread crumbs, onion, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic and egg. Stir together with a fork then knead gently with your hands until evenly combined. Form the mixture into meatballs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- 3. Heat olive oil in another medium or large skillet pan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs to the pan in a single layer. Let cook, turning occasionally, until all sides are browned. (They will not be cooked all the way through because they will finish cooking when baked.) Place the meatballs in the pan with the tomato sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over the top. Bake until the cheese is melted and the meatballs are cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven, garnish with fresh basil and serve.