Fruit and Nut Spinach Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
This delicious salad is not only fast and easy, it also boosts your metabolism! Spinach and apples boost your metabolism, plus add a lot of fiber to your meal and fiber means fullness.
This recipe contains XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, baby spinach, arugula, apple (fuji), cranberries (dried), walnuts, cheese (goat), XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard (brown), salt, olive oil (extra virgin)
Prep time: 1 hr +
- 2 cup(s) baby spinach
- 1 cup(s) arugula
- 1 apple, finely sliced (fuji)
- 3 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. walnuts
- 1 tbsp. goat cheese
- MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
- 1/2 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1. In a bowl, shaker or even old mason jar combine all the vinaigrette ingredients and shake or whisk, then set aside. Do several hours or a day ahead if you can, it will have more flavor.
- 2. On a platter or two plates rip the spinach into bite sized pieces and place on plate, do the same with the arugula and place on top of the spinach. Now add the apples, cranberries and drizzle on the vinaigrette. Top with the walnuts and cheese and serve.