Spinach and Mozzarella Egg White Omelet
A light, healthy breakfast.
This recipe contains eggs, water, fresh spinach, cheese (mozzarella, shredded), salt, pepper
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 eggs, whites only or 1/3 cup of liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp. water
- 1/4 cup(s) spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp. part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 pn. salt
- 1 pn. pepper
- 1. Whip egg whites in a small bowl until slightly foamy.
- 2. Heat a medium-size non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; cook egg whites mixed with water for 1 minute or until they begin to lightly set.
- 3. Spread spinach and cheese over one half of the eggs; using a flexible, heat-proof spatula, fold eggs in half over filling and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4. Remove from pan; season with salt and pepper and serve.