Southern Pecan Pie
Pie-baking at its finest, this country classic brings the best of the South to your table. Make sure you grab a slice before it's gone!
This recipe contains pie crust pastry (roll out), eggs, light brown sugar, water, pecans, butter, vanilla extract
8 - 10 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min
- prepared pastry for one crust - 9 inch
- 4 eggs
- 1 pkg(s) 16oz. light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 2 cup(s) pecan halves
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch pie pan with pastry; trim and flute edges.
- 2. Beat eggs in a small bowl until frothy; set aside.
- 3. Combine sugar and water in 2-quart heavy saucepan. Place over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to a full rolling boil; cook for 3 minutes. Slowly pour small amount into eggs, whisking constantly. Then continue to pour syrup and whisk until all syrup is added.
- 4. Add pecans, butter and vanilla to mixture. Pour filling into prepared pie pan.
- 5. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until set. Cool.