Double Cinnamon Sugar Cookie
Dress up the basic sugar cookie with a double dose of warm cinnamon spice.
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), cinnamon (ground), cinnamon (ground), cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract,
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cup(s) sugar, divided
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1. Mix flour, 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat 1 1/2 cups of the sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon cinnamon in small bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.