Chocolate Almond Sugar Cookies
These rich double-chocolate cookies are super-easy: simply mix, drop and bake.
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), cocoa powder, shortening, butter, sugar, baking powder, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, chocolate (semi-sweet, chips), almonds
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup(s) shortening
- 2/3 cup(s) butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 3/4 cup(s) almonds or pecans, finely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Stir together flour and cocoa powder in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 2. Beat shortening and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, liqueur (or milk) and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour mixture. Stir in chocolate pieces and nuts.
- 3. Drop dough by a rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten each mound of dough with the bottom of a glass dipped in additional sugar.