Red Hot Sugar Cookies
Red cinnamon candies top these sugar cookie cutouts. Kids love the bright color and fun taste. Great for Valentines Day!
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), baking soda, baking powder, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon candies (red hots)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 pkg(s) red cinnamon candies
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In small bowl sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
- 2. In large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Beat in as much flour mixture as you can with mixer; stir in remaining flour mixture.
- 3. Roll dough on lightly floured surface; cut out shapes. place on ungreased cookie sheets. Lightly press in candies. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Cool on racks.