Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
This low-carb "pasta" dish with pancetta and parmesan makes for a great weeknight meal.
This recipe contains squash (spaghetti), olive oil, pancetta, onions, fresh garlic, eggs, parsley (fresh), cheese (parmesan, grated), sea salt, pepper, cheese (parmesan, shredded)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 spaghetti squash, large
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 oz. pancetta, diced
- 5 oz. onion, diced
- 2 clove(s) garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 oz. parmesan cheese, shredded-for topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 400° Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds. Drizzle squash halves with olive oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- 3. While the spaghetti squash is roasting, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta to the pan and cook until crispy. To the pan, add the onion and the garlic. Cook until translucent and soft. Once the spaghetti squash is roasted, use a fork to scrape out the shreds of squash. Add to skillet and toss with pancetta, onion and garlic. Make sure that spaghetti squash is nice and hot.
- 4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, parsley, grated Parmesan, sea salt and black pepper. To the mixing bowl, add squash mixture and toss with egg mixture. The heat of the spaghetti squash will cook the eggs just enough to coat them to the strands of squash without scrambling them.
- 5. Top with shredded Parmesan before serving.