Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Spinach Spaghetti Squash
Aiming to eat more veggies? This Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Spinach Spaghetti Squash recipe packs an entire package of spinach swirled with an easy cheesy cream sauce.
This recipe contains spaghetti squash, fresh garlic, olive oil (extra virgin), fresh spinach, heavy cream, cream cheese, cheese (parmesan), salt (kosher), black pepper, shredded mozzarella cheese
2 - 4 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 1 whole medium spaghetti squash
- 2 1/2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. olive
- 5 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) cream
- 1 tbsp. cream cheese (optional but deeeelish!)
- 1/2 cup(s) freshly grated parmesan cheese, extra for topping
- 1 - 2 ds. salt
- 1 - 2 ds. pepper
- grated or sliced mozzarella for topping, to taste
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. For easy cutting, feel free to stick each squash in the microwave for 3-5 minutes to soften it up just a tad.
- 3. Rub the cut side of the squash with olive oil.
- 4. Place inside a baking dish or atop rimmed baking sheet and roast face-down for about 40 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- 5. Meanwhile, in a medium pot or skillet, bring a drizzle of olive oil to medium-high heat and sauté garlic until fragrant.
- 6. Next add the spinach and stir until wilted. Add your cream, cream cheese (totally optional but totally tasty) and parmesan cheese and stir well.
- 7. Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- 8. Once squash is done roasting, allow to cool until easily handled or pop on an oven mit and use a fork to separate and fluff the strands of spaghetti squash.
- 9. Pour your sauce over each squash boat, stir to mix, and top with a little mozzarella cheese and additional parm cheese, if desired.
- 10. Bake at 350 degrees F for around 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 11. For a golden cheesy topping, flip your oven to broil on high for just a minute or two until lightly browned. Dig in!