Crispy Curry Coconut Shrimp
Great as an appetizer or as a meal.
This recipe contains coconut, bread crumbs, curry powder, cayenne pepper, eggs, water, shrimp
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2/3 cup(s) shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne powder (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1. Combine coconut, breadcrumbs, curry powder and cayenne in a pie plate; set aside. Beat egg and water in a separate bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- 2. Dip shrimp, one at a time, into egg mixture, then in coconut mixture, turning to coat both sides of each shrimp. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake 10-12 minutes or until shrimp are cooked.
- 4. Notes and/or Suggestions:
To toast coconut, preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 350 degrees. Spread coconut on a cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.