Veggie Lentil Soup with Ham
I was never a huge fan of lentils until I made this veggie lentil soup. It's flavorful and full of nutrients.
This recipe contains vegetable broth, carrots, onions, ham, celery, tomatoes (diced, fire roasted), kale, potatoes, lentils, olive oil, bay leaves, thyme (fresh), salt, black pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 4 cup(s) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) carrots, diced
- 1 cup(s) onions, diced
- 6 oz. ham, diced
- 1 cup(s) celery, diced
- 1 can(s) 14.5oz. fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 oz. kale, chopped
- 14 oz. potatoes, diced
- 1 cup(s) lentils, uncooked
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 - 4 ds. salt, to taste
- 2 - 4 ds. pepper, to taste
- 1. In a large dutch oven over medium heat, add olive oil, onions and carrots. Cook until aromatic and onions begin to turn translucent.
- 2. Add celery, ham, lentils, broth, fire roasted tomatoes, bay leave, and thyme.
- 3. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cover. Cook for 30 minutes until lentils are tender but still hold their shape.
- 4. Add potatoes and kale and cook for another 10 minutes until potatoes are cooked through.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper. Remove bay leaves and thyme sprigs and serve.