Asparagus & Parmesan Tart
This creamy asparagus tart is packed with cheesy flavor. It's a tastier take on your morning egg bake.
This recipe contains pie crust pastry (roll out), oil, onions, asparagus, cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, lemons, cheese (parmesan, shredded)
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 pkg(s) ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 14.1-oz. pkg.)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 whole onions, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 3/4 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed, blanched and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 oz. shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Line 9-1/2-inch tart pan with removable bottom with crust; trim edge. Prick bottom of crust with fork.
- 2. Bake 10 to 12 min. or until lightly browned. Cool. Meanwhile, heat oil in nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook 10 min. or until caramelized, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Spread onions onto bottom of crust; top with asparagus. Whisk cream cheese, sour cream, eggs and lemon zest until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan; pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- 4. Bake 20 to 24 min. or until filling is slightly puffed and set in center. Remove tart from side of pan before serving.