Barilla Cheese and Spinach Tortellini
Spinach and cheese tortellini with butternut squash, sage and parmesan-reggiano cheese.
This recipe contains tortellini (cheese and spinach), butternut squash, cheese (parmigiano-reggiano), butter, sage (fresh), vegetable broth, salt, pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 pkg(s) spinach and cheese tortellini
- 1/2 whole butternut squash, diced small
- 2 oz. parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shaved
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 4 sage leaves
- 1 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook sage with butter for about two minutes over medium heat.
- 2. When butter starts bubbling add butternut squash and cook over medium heat until slightly brown. Stir in broth, season with salt and pepper and simmer until thoroughly cooked.
- 3. Drain tortellini and toss with the sauce. Top with cheese before serving.