Chicken tetrazzini is a definite crowd favorite meal. Creamy mushrooms along with chicken and pasta makes it a meal the whole family will love.
This recipe contains pasta (spaghetti), chicken breasts (boneless skinless), butter, garlic (fresh), mushrooms, flour, chicken broth, half & half, nutmeg, salt, pepper, wine (white, dry), cheese (parmesan, grated), garlic powder, basil (dried), oregano (dried)
Prep time: 1 hr
Cook time: 30 min
- 8 oz. spaghetti noodles
- 3 cup(s) chicken, cooked and chopped
- 3 tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) half and half
- 1 pn. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 oz. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ds. garlic powder, to taste
- 1 ds. dried basil, to taste
- 1 ds. dried oregano, to taste
- 1. Turn Instant Pot to sauté mode. Once the display reads 'hot', add oil and whole spices (cardamom, cloves, black pepper and cumin). Saute for 30 seconds.
- 2. Add onion and mix well. Saute for 2 minutes covered with glass lid.
- 3. Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
- 4. Add chicken, mix well to evenly coat all the spices to the chicken.
- 5. Add 1/4 cup of water.
- 6. Close Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing. Cook on Manual and adjust to high pressure for 8 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of natural pressure release. Quick release the remaining pressure.
- 7. Open the Instant Pot, add a few spoonfuls of hot curry to the yogurt and mix well. This step is important to avoid the cold yogurt getting split in the curry.
- 8. Cook on Saute mode to thicken the sauce. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
- 9. Note: If you want a thick curry, reduce the 1/4 cup water by adding only 2 tablespoons of water and saute in the end for few extra minutes. This recipe is a soupier curry.\r For boneless chicken thighs or breasts - cook for 5 mins followed by NPR