Try this creamy, cheesy shepherd's pie with a delectably flaky crust.
This recipe contains red potatoes, fresh garlic, beef (ground), flour (all-purpose), mixed vegetables (frozen), beef broth, ketchup, sour cream (reduced fat), cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded)
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 1/4 lb. red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 4 cup(s) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 3/4 cup(s) fat free reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 3/4 cup(s) reduced fat sour cream
- 2 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1. Cook potatoes and garlic in boiling water in large saucepan 20 min. or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, brown meat in large nonstick skillet. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 min. Add mixed vegetables, broth and ketchup; cook 5 min., stirring frequently.
- 2. Heat oven to 375°F. Drain potatoes; return to pan. Add sour cream; mash until potatoes are smooth and mixture is well blended. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- 3. Spoon meat mixture into 8-inch square baking dish; cover with potatoes.
- 4. Bake 18 min. Top with remaining cheese; bake 2 min. or until melted.