A spicy, easy to make breakfast treat.
This recipe contains aidells sausage, scallions, chiles (green), olive oil, eggs, tortillas (corn), beans (refried), sour cream, tomatoes
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 6 oz. Aidells Sausage, any variety of hot/spicy links (we used habanero & green chile), chopped
- 2 tbsp. green onions or scallions, chopped
- 4 oz. can fire roasted green chiles, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup(s) refried beans, warmed
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream, for garnish
- 1 whole tomato, chopped, for garnish
- 1. Saute sausage in a heavy skillet for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the green onions and chile and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 2. Heat the oil in an omelet pan over high heat and add the sausage mixture. Add the eggs and scramble them until done to your taste. Alternatively, you can let them set, then fold over into an omelet.
- 3. Serve on a warm platter. Garnish with salsa and sour cream. Accompany with refried beans topped with melted cheese and a side of warm tortillas.