A spicy, easy to make breakfast treat.
This recipe contains aidells sausage, scallions, green chiles, olive oil, eggs, tortillas (corn), refried beans, sour cream, tomatoes
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 6 oz. Aidells -any hot/spicy sausage link (we used habanero & green chile), chopped
- 2 tbsp. green onions or scallions, chopped
- 4 oz. fire roasted green chiles, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup(s) refried beans, warmed
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream, for garnish
- 1 whole tomato, chopped, for garnish
- 1. Saute sausage in a heavy skillet for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- 2. Add the green onions and chile and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 3. Heat the oil in an omelet pan over high heat and add the sausage mixture.
- 4. Add the eggs and scramble them until done to your taste. Alternatively, you can let them set, then fold over into an omelet.
- 5. Serve on a warm platter. Garnish with salsa and sour cream. Accompany with refried beans topped with melted cheese and a side of warm tortillas.